A compliance tool that helps accountants navigate the complexities of GDPR and stay on top of their obligations is making waves in the software market.
Using its award-winning product design and practice know-how, TaxCalc has created GDPR Centre. It also provides the capability to respond effectively in critical situations relating to personal data. For example, if a data breach occurs or a data subject access request is received.
Using TaxCalc’s intuitive workflow SimpleStep, GDPR Centre not only makes it easy to demonstrate compliance, it covers off specific situations relating to GDPR and day-to-day practice tasks, such as creating sets of accounts, generating tax returns, bookkeeping and payroll functions.
TaxCalc’s “Check & Finish” validation tool comes into play to flag any potential errors or mismatches of data.
GDPR Centre enables accountants to:
Record data breaches – and help prevent them from happening again
- Fulfil, track and file data subject access requests
- Complete comprehensive checklists of GDPR-compliant policies and procedures
- Log the appointment, training and actions of the data protection officer (if applicable)
- Carry out annual reviews of data processes
- Record the kind of personal data being held and the lawful basis for holding that data
- Create risk scenarios to test how a practice might react to a variety of situations
- Record any data organisations a firm might work with
Every required action is easy to understand and carry out, with instructions and technical terms written in jargon-free language, and supported with reference to official guidelines and video tutorials.
GDPR-friendly features elsewhere in the TaxCalc suite
TaxCalc is committed to making the transition and adoption of GDPR as simple for practices as is possible. Earlier this year a number of GDPR-friendly features were also released:
- Consent management in TaxCalc’s practice management ‘engine’ Client Hub, for keeping track, managing and reporting on the consent to specific types of communications clients have agreed to
- Updated engagement letters for GDPR Compliance in the Mail Merge section of Client Hub
- Data secure, PDF Encryption add-on module for TaxCalc Tax Return and Accounts Production products
Over the coming months, TaxCalc will see the introduction of new tools and enhancements to create a robust, integrated, GDPR and MTD-enabled practice management suite aimed at firms large and small.
TaxCalc GDPR Centre is available to buy now for £125.